Finding a local lawyer

If you want to use the complaints process – for a precedent complaints letter – click here.

The Citizens Advice Bureau has an excellent interactive on-line guide to drafting complaints’ letters – to link to the NHS letter click here and to link to the social services letter click here.

If you need legal advice it is best to rely on personal recommendations in this field – but details of all the firms who have a legal aid contract can be found at (then enter your address / postcode and click the box ‘Categories of law’ and then chose the one of most relevance).

The barrister Steve Broach has provided a  list of solicitors with expertise in disability and Special Educational Needs cases and this can be accessed by clicking here.

In reality it is often quickest to Google “community care” + “solicitors” and then add the name of the town / area where this support would ideally be found.  In addition however: